Touch screen, commonly known as "soft screen", is mostly used in Windows Mobile phones.Capacitive touch screens, commonly known as "hard screens," are used in devices like the iPhone and G1.
Indoor visual effect
Both are usually good.
2. Touch sensitivity
1. Resistive touch screen: pressure is required to make contact with all layers of the screen, which can be operated by fingers (even with gloves on), fingernails, stylus, etc.Stylus support is important in Asian markets, where gestures and text recognition are valued.
2. Capacitive touch screen: slight contact from the surface of the charged finger can also activate the capacitive induction system at the bottom of the screen.Non-living objects, nails, gloves do not work.Handwriting recognition is difficult.
1. Resistance touch screen: the precision can reach at least a single display pixel, which can be seen when using the stylus.It is easy to recognize handwriting and is helpful to operate in the interface with small control elements.
2. Capacitive touch screen: theoretical precision can reach several pixels, but actually it will be limited by finger contact area.That makes it difficult for users to accurately click on targets less than 1cm2.
Resistance touch screen: very low.
2. Capacitance touch screen: capacitance screen of different manufacturers is 10% to 50% higher than resistance screen.That extra cost is fine for a flagship device, but it might put off mid-priced phones.
Five, multi-touch feasibility
1. Resistance touch screen: impossible, unless recombination resistance screen is connected to the machine's circuit.
2. Capacitive touch screen: depending on the implementation and software, it has been demonstrated on the G1 and the iPhone.The 1.7t version of G1 is already available for the browser's multi-touch feature.
6. Damage resistance
1. Resistance touch screen: the fundamental characteristics of resistance screen determine that its top is soft and it needs to be able to press.This makes the screen very easy to scratch.Resistance screens require protective film and relatively frequent calibration.On the plus side, resistive touch screens that use a plastic layer are generally less vulnerable and less likely to break.
2. Capacitive touch screen: the outer layer can be glass.While not indestructible and likely to shatter under severe impact, glass is better suited to daily scratches and stains.
1. Resistive touch screen: since it is possible to operate with a stylus or fingernail, it is less likely to leave fingerprints, oil stains and bacteria on the screen.
Capacitive touch screen: touch with the whole finger, but the outside of the glass is easier to clean.
1. Resistance touch screen: the specific value is unknown.But there is evidence that the use of resistive touch can Nokia 5800-15 ° C to + 45 ° C temperature to work properly, the humidity is nothing.
2, capacitive touch screen: the typical operating temperature between 0 ° to 35 °, need at least 5% humidity limit (principle)
Previous: How to judge a good touch screen